Friday, February 22, 2019

And We're Back!

I’m officially halfway done with law school and it is an odd feeling: I can’t decide if I am happy or sad about it. On the one hand, I want to start practically applying my lawyering skills on a full-time basis. On the other hand, I love Loyola and my friends here and I cannot imagine not seeing them all on a daily basis in just 1.5 years.

So how did I make it to this halfway point? I passed my exams! Woohoo! Not that I wasn’t expecting to do just that, but you never know, it is law school. It is always hard preparing for law school exams because every professor is different, but over the last few semesters I have developed a studying plan that has worked perfectly so far: I listen to all of the class recordings in a row while making my outline for the class. I discovered that it is a good way of putting everything together once you have all of the information. Also, I almost always hear something that my professor said early on in the class that at the time I didn’t think was entirely important, but now at the end of the class, I realize it is critical. So luckily for me, I felt pretty prepared for my exams, and I think that confidence helped me perform to the best of my abilities.

Now, after drinking copious amounts of coffee, completely destroying my sleep schedule, and taking my exams, I did end up doing some fun things over the break. (And who said law school isn’t fun? We have breaks!) I spent the holidays with my family, went to Mammoth Mountain with friends, spent the New Year in San Diego, and ended up back in Los Angeles to spend some time with my Byrne Team prepping for our upcoming competition at the end of February. Now, it is literally the very beginning of the semester and I already have eight things on my to-do list. Wish me luck. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.