Monday, January 22, 2018

My Winter Break

A MUCH needed break

They were not kidding about law school finals. Wow. Intense.

I will not lie and say that I enjoyed them, but it was nice to finally get a feel for what a law school final actually entails. Plus, there is really no better feeling than when you walk out of the last one.

To celebrate the end of my almost month long seclusion (finals last WAY longer than they did in undergrad), I enjoyed my break by doing absolutely NOTHING that had to do with torts or memorandums or procedure or anything else law school related. I spent the holidays at home with my family, slept in until 10 AM (actually crazy for a girl with 8 AM classes everyday), and enjoyed some winter weather. I do not want to complain about the fact that LA is currently 75 degrees, but it was nice to wear a jacket and some rain boots again. Nostalgia for seasons: it gets me every single time.

The best part of my break (besides sleeping in) was visiting Houston with a group of friends from college. It was so nice to see everyone without feeling like I should be studying.

The worst part of break was going to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena and watching my Oklahoma Sooners lose. They finally came to Los Angeles only for me to watch them lose in person, in double-overtime. It is fine though (it really is not, it is the definition of heartbreaking), still a lifelong fan. Boomer.

I have been back for a couple days now and it is back to outlining, reading, and feeling guilty when I take a break. Would not want to have it any other way—maybe. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.