Thursday, March 16, 2017

And the Winner is: Loyola Law School

First things first, can we talk about the Oscars this past Sunday?!? It was easily the most memorable thing I have ever seen on an awards show. I don’t know about you guys but for me, it was so uncomfortable to watch, but at the same time, I could not force myself to look away. Although I felt bad for the La La Land team, I was thrilled to see that Moonlight was rewarded for being such a beautiful and honest movie. Okay, we can move on now.

If you do not know me, the one thing you would probably figure out within fifteen minutes of our first conversation is that…I eat, live, and breath the entertainment industry. My love for the field is at the core of my very being. I know, I know—I can be a little dramatic sometimes. In all seriousness, since I was just a child, I knew that there was only one industry that I could ever be fully satisfied with. And that, my friends, was how my lifelong passion for the entertainment industry was born.

For this reason, when I was trying to decide where I would spend the next three years of my life, it was either going to be Los Angeles or Manhattan. I knew that I definitely only wanted to attend a law school with a strong entertainment law concentration. As it happens, Loyola has consistently been among the top of entertainment law programs in the entire country. Thankfully, I was smart enough to apply to Loyola and blessed enough to be accepted. I guess you could say that things worked out because along the way, I have gained some amazing friends and been privy to some pretty incredible opportunities, many of which the Entertainment and Sports Law Society organized.

Although I am stoked to take some entertainment law courses next year, for now, I am trying to navigate through my core classes and excited to learn more about my 1L elective—international law with Professor Glazier. The process for picking your elective is pretty straightforward. Each student ranks their preferences for the courses, and the Registrar's Office makes every effort to make sure you get placed in one of your top three choices.  I was incredibly lucky to have been placed in my first choice and have already learned a lot, including that you can pay a small fee and become a Baroness or Countess of Sealand…To be honest, I’m still contemplating whether to become Countess Holly or Baroness Holly. Thoughts? I chose international law because I feel like it is incredibly important to know what’s going on not just in America, but all around us. Additionally, I think learning about international law is even more important given the current day and age.

Anyways, I have to get back to studying for my Contracts midterm, so wish me luck you guys. I want to leave you with one takeaway: Let there be no confusion here—in my eyes, there is only one winner for best law school and it’s Loyola.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.